Welcome to The Kay Mason Foundation
Every child deserves an education – whatever their circumstances.
The KMF helps kids from disadvantaged communities become the leaders they’re destined to be.
We are on a mission to help talented students reach their potential
Many of South Africa’s children still lack access to quality education that meets their needs – and too little is done to address the problem. At the KMF we work to bridge this opportunity gap by empowering young scholars from underserved communities. We select students who demonstrate motivation and the potential to succeed and fund their tuition at top-achieving government schools in the Western Cape. 80% of KMF scholars go on to study at universities, most having secured funding based on excellent matric results.
But our work with scholars isn’t aimed at top marks alone. Our vision is to uplift communities and nurture future leaders who will continue to transform South Africa for the better.
Our holistic approach involves:
- Comprehensive assessment of applicants to determine academic potential
- Academic tutoring to support scholars, who must maintain a 65% average in all subjects
- Mentorship programs
- Psycho-social development programs
- Life skills workshops
- Home support
Meet our alumni
We’ve helped hundreds of people become the leaders they are destined to be.
Here are a few:
- Catapult Program: firstname.lastname@example.org (Catapult & Mentor queries)
- Finance Queries & Donations: email@example.com
- Marketing and Fundraising queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Programme, Grade 8 & 9: email@example.com
- Grade 10, 11 & 12 scholar related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alumni Program: email@example.com
- CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Administrator: email@example.com