Applications for the 2018 Junior Scholar programme opens 31 March 2017.
Please read the information below carefully before downloading the application form and submitting an application.
Please check your eligibility before applying:
- Only scholars in Grade 6 may apply
- Gross Income per household may not exceed R15 000 per month
- All applications must be delivered by hand or posted
- Application forms received via e-mail or fax will not be accepted
- Applications must be submitted before 15h00 on 31 July of each year
- Please attach all the required documents. The application will be rejected should the required documents not be attached
- A valid cellular number and e-mail address must be provided; should the contact number or e-mail address be incorrect, we will not be able to advise whether the application has been successful or not
- Please consider the application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted by the Kay Mason Foundation before November each year
- KMF is not obliged to give reasons why scholarship has not been granted
- All applications will be reviewed after 31 July
- After the first evaluation process, if the scholar is selected, he/she will be required to write an academic test
- Scholars will be notified by e-mail and sms of the exact date, time and location for the test
- Based on the academic test results, a limited number of scholars will be selected for a panel interview and will be advised of the exact date, time and location for the interview
After the panel interview, successful candidates will be informed of the outcome before end November
If you are confident that you want to complete an application, please download the Important Information form and the Application form below:
Please only post or hand-deliver your completed application to:
- Via post: The Kay Mason Foundation, PO Box 4893, Tygervalley, 7536; or
- By hand: Office 103, Tygerberg Centre, 16 Voortrekker Road, Belville
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL OR FAX
If you are unsure about whether to apply, or need further information regarding the application process, please contact the Kay Mason Foundation at 021 917 1853, or firstname.lastname@example.org.