The Kay Mason Foundation
We offer high school scholarships to deserving
students, with leadership potential, who do not
have the means to attend a school where
they will flourish.
Your kindness can help them start a new life.
APPLY TO BECOME A KMF SCHOLAR
The following application form is for high school placements in 2021.
The application process opens 2 April 2019 and closes on 31 July 2019 at 15:00.
Successful Gr 6 applicants will be informed and will have to complete an academic assessment and individual interviews before final selection for the Junior Programme in 2020.
Once your child has been accepted into the Junior Programme of 2020, your child will have to commit to attend a year-long programme of weekend classes and submitting important documentation throughout the year, which forms part of the selection process.
Enrolment into the Junior Programme (Grade 7 – 2020) DOES NOT secure a scholarship for Grade 8.
Please read terms and conditions for application below carefully before downloading the whole application form and submitting the application.
CLICK TO READ CRITERIA HERE
1. Only SA citizens can apply. Copy of SA birth certificate to be submitted with application.
2. Only Grade 6 learners can apply.
3. Scholars should score a minimum of 65% for Eng Home Language, Math and Physical Science in Term 4 of Grade 5 and Term 2 of Grade 6.
4. Only scholars within the KMF catchment area in the Western Cape may apply as scholars are required to attend classes at our weekly classes at the KMF offices.
5. NETT income per household MAY NOT exceed R15 000 per month.
6. All application forms to be hand delivered or posted. NO email or faxes accepted.
7. Deadline is strictly at 15:00 on 31 July 2019.
8. All required documents have to be attached and an application will be rejected should the required documents not be attached.
9. A valid cellular number or email address should be provided. We will send out a bulk email and sms to successful candidates to inform them of the assessment date. If you do not attend the assessment, your application will not be processed.
10. KMF DO NOT contact unsuccessful candidates and if you have not received any correspondence within 14 working days after close of the applications, your application was successful. KMF is not obliged to give reason for an unsuccessful application.
11. All assessments and classes are presented in English medium. The assessor will, however, make note if the scholar is not English Home Language.
1. All applications are reviewed and all requirements are checked.
2. Successful applicants are informed via email / SMS with a date, venue and time for an academic assessment.
3. Scholars are assessed in Cape Town.
4. Successful scholars are informed to attend a personal interview at KMF offices.
5. Group session with all scholars are held at KMF offices.
6. Orientation for new students for the Junior Programme is held at the KMF offices where the selection process will be explained which will take place during the Junior Programme.
Years in Operation
Matric Pass Rate
Scholars Impacted Annually
“With their help, I’m able to attend a fantastic school. All I want to say is Thank You.”
“I’ve learned that, no matter who you are or where you come from, you can always make a difference in someone’s life.”
“You, the staff and donors of the Kay Mason Foundation, are the reason that I smile. The reason that I love. And the reason I get to wear my school uniform with pride.”
Unit 202 Omnipark,
102 Edward Street,
PO Box 4893